PSAS Loaner Equipment

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reedman

OK all,

The PSAS has purchased a few pieces of equipment to be loaned out or used at meetings. Please PM me if you are interested in borrowing any piece of equipment and I will get you in the queue. This is a first ask first to get queue. All equipment is to be checked out from the club, used, and returned. No passing from one member to another.

Also, this is a trial of sorts. If this works well (i.e. people respect the equipment and the program) more equipment may be purchased for the club member’s use.

We currently have:

PH Meter
Refractometer
Lux Meter

Again, feel free to PM me if you would like to borrow one of these pieces of equipment and I will put you in the queue.

Equipment will be checked out for no longer than one week. If there is no wait list on the equipment you may recheck it (just like the library).

Last edited:
Brad has the refractometer. and I needed it much because I set up my auto top off and I need to check my stuff to make sure it is acurate. Hope it hasen't flooded when I go home from work.

Thanks Brad!

All of the equipment is back and ready for use. We also have a fish trap donated by one of our members if you need it.

Hey Reed,

Who has the fish trap? I'm in need to barrow one to remove a little over aggressive Foxface.

And your in Lynnwood correct? Let me see if I can get one a little more local to me. If not I'll contact so I can run up there.

Thanks Reed

James

Hey gang. I recently became the executive officer of my local reef club. We have already started a library of books and purchased a lux meter. I'm thinking of expanding the equipment that we have.

I was wondering if you could give me some examples of your experiences with loaning out equipment. If you feel uncomfortable putting it on the website, send me a PM.

We haven't had too much trouble tracking it down. Interestingly enough, there isn't much interest in the items. I'm not really game for adding anymore for that reason. We considered putting it in our raffle because of the lack of use. The fish trap has been the most popular item. :)

I vote keep it as the light meter has had some use I believe not enoughp people even know about ...many new members!

Would the light meter tell me if I am pushing too much light at the height I have it off the tank. I would be interested in borrowing it to dial in my lighting.

specs: 55g standard with (2)250mh 14k and (2) 48"super atinic vho

Thank you,
Chad

It's Really best used to Compare old to new bulbs and different brands . It also is really good to tell where your hi light /low light areas are inside your tank.

Back