pulling trigger on Leds

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burning2nd

Well its time... And im confused...

my tank is 48" long and there doesnt seem to be hole fixtures that are like that... so its looking like 2 smaller fixtures...

But I just dont know where to start?

2 acen 600's?
2 evergrows?

the problems is i have a brace in the middle of my 75g so there either has to be two lights (one on each side) or 1 large long light suspended a little bit higher?

what do you guys suggest

Hi,

Just one opinion here but, while the Acans are good lights, you can save money and get a better unit by going with a couple properly designed EverGrows. I would use two IT2040 so that you have a programmable controller and moonlights, but if you are happy with rheostat control and no moonlights two D120s is fine. If you want to pound the tank with light two Nova A6s will work. I've seen two Nova A4s cover that footprint as well but you would need to raise them up 16" above the water.

You can see these units here to learn more-
EverGrow LED Custom Tuned by BRA - Barrier Reef Aquariums

Theres also Ocean By Design that has a very nice well priced 120w and 180w led setup and they also do custom designs to meet your needs.

Im looking at the reefspectrum p47's the everglow it2040's the radion xr30w and the maxspect r420r razor's

in the air yet... still have to confirm with the boss... but it should happen in the next few days

Im looking at the reefspectrum p47's the everglow it2040's the radion xr30w and the maxspect r420r razor's

in the air yet... still have to confirm with the boss... but it should happen in the next few days

I see you are considering Radions.
You will need 2 to properly cover a 48" long tank.
The gen 1 is $600, but I see gen 1's and 2's in the classifieds on RC for a little less.

I have 4 gen 1's.
The first I won at Barrier Reef's raffle ( local lfs/SPONSOR) and put that over my 50 gallon LPS/SPS tank.
Once I got familiar with the awesome programming, I bought 3 more for my 240.
I think these are great, and I do think they are worth the price. You have so many options with the programming that comes with it.

If these guys end up being a budget breaker, then you should consider one of the sponsors we have here, that have similar leds.

Im also using radion gen 1 with tir lens upgrade. I have four of them over my 312g tank. So far they are working great, no spotlight effect. Best part is they are very controllable by the software.

There are 2 different links there.IE is not working well on my pc right now. They are similar but different fixtures, each with plus's of their own. They are also sponsors here on RF and back their products.

Yea , I'm gonna go with the ever grow's ordered them before I left for work tonight ... But PayPal screwed me again do I had to cancel the order ill re order on Sunday when I have a little more time... I ordered from our sponser out in Washington ... I ended up calling them to make sure it got taken care of, but looking good

Ill post up some pics after I get them hung and running

How's the quality of those d120's? Anyone have them with a pic over a tank ??

Back