Pulsing Zenia Gone Wild!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

xon432246

I bought a piece of pulsing zenia about the size of a quarter 4 months ago. It's now covering about one quarter of my tank (60 gallons). I think regular iodine additions made it go crazy. Anyway, I want to remove some of it without damaging it to give to friends. How do I do this?

If the rock is too bumpy for the above, use some snips, a chisel, or bone cutters to chip off a very small piece of rock with it. The attached material allows it to be weighted down or glued in the new place and also minimizes tissue damage. The xenia stuck to the glass can be shaved off with the blade, taking the Coraline algae it is attached to along with it.

THE razor blade was the correct responses...

xzenia can almost be "problem coral"

grows fast... and can over power others...
i have a small piece of zenia, that has stayed small... but i subject it with much much flow... also gsp and ysp are kinda the same.. very fast and can sometimes overgrow.

ive found that makeing them unhappy all the time by pounding the hell outta em with current.. does what i want it to... i can kinda blow it in the direction i want it to grow..

other then that very very eazy to frag... gloves razor cut glue...
i would then set it back in your tank for a few days to let it regain its life a little.....

then give it away like its going outta style

Back