Pump for BRS Dual Media Reactor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

gas4544

Montipora Keeper
My BRS Dual Media Reactor arrived today. See:
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/Carbo...UAL"-GFO-and-Carbon-Reactor/product_info.html

I currently have a MaxiJet 1200 supplying water to the reactor. Per the instructions from Bulk Reef Supply, I should adjust the valve until the surface of the GFO inside the reactor tumbles slightly. My MaxiJet is not giving me the tumbling GFO. It may even be a MaxiJet 900 as the lettering is worn off the side of the pump. The impeller cover is not tight, so I am not getting maximum flow delivered to the supply line from the MaxiJet.

I am thinking of using a Mag Drive 2 or 3 to supply the dual reactor. Does anyone else have one of these dual reactors? If so, what pump are you using?

Thank you,

Gary

Last edited:
Just arrived today.... and will likely use a feed of my main pump to supply.

Consider the height you are pushing the water to; if the head pressure from the "lift" is too great, the pump won't be able to overcome it AND provide adequate flow. Try lowering the housing (if possible). D

Do you have the GFO in the first chamber? If so, and your height is not too much, then you are probably running a maxi 900.

Back