pump need help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mavgi

i bought the aga 120 gallon reef ready include 2 (the new)overflow can handle till 700 gtph each one.
the fuge i going to put (or if you suggest other one and from who i can get it) look like this one in the picture without the skimmer (the skimmer will be the euro reef cs8-3) i want to know what pump you suggest me to buy(i want to buy external one)? i want to run 1" pipe till the overflow fitting and then to reduce to 3/4" on the pump i want to put a check valve and on the 2 reteurn line to put more 2 valve to control on the flow on the 2 line.

if you have any idea please let me know?

thanks

michael

the pump flow rate 790gph and i have 2 over flow each can handle 700gph i
don't need a bigger one?

Congrats once again on your recent purchases Mavgi. I just wanted to add here, that yeah, the overflows can handle about 700 gph a piece, but make sure that your sump can handle the same. My sump has caused me a little bit of a problem when I cut the power to my tank as the back siphon brings my sumps water level right to the top of it. I have my sump marked now, to show me how high I can keep the water level and as a result of this, I'm trying to work in a bigger sump (15 gallons bigger). It is rediculous because I have to top off too frequently now because if the water level is too low in the sump and the water evaporates too much, I can burn up a pump and if it is too high and the power cuts, I'll have a flood.

You could go with a bigger one if you want, but you have to remember that you want to stay under the maximum flow rate for the drains. A little algae buildup in the drain and you could have a water spill, if you pump is rated at the maximum flow rate for the drains.

Hi krish

i will put a check valve on the pump . my main problem is to find the correct refuge and correct pump.

i send mail to : melev's reef 2 time but he is not answer. isend already a mail to iap to see if they can make or suggest the correct refuge i sill wait. if they will not answer i will need to see a refuge that will match to my tank and to make one.

Check valves can fail and often do. The same sponges, and limpits, and barnacles, and tube worms, and every other critter that live in the dark on your rock, will be just tickled to live right there in your check valve, constant flowing water, with turbulence, constant supply of food, mmmmm........ Heaven. Then the power outage, trusting the checkvalve and bad things can happen. Just a heads up, not knocking your plan. Just hope to save you the trouble.

i send mail to : melev's reef 2 time but he is not answer

He doesn't reply to e-mails that much because he is so busy with the other forums. Your best bet to contact him would be a pm here (in case he drops in) or on RC where he is everyday from what I understand.

here is the skimmer (attach picture)i didn't check it yet.

the stand almost done i will post picture after i will finish it.

Back