Pump Repair Help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MarineDreamer

Est. April 2nd, 2005
So I went to do a freshwater leak test this afternoon, and yup, you guessed it; I’ve got a leak. However, this one’s thrown me for a loop and I’m hoping you guys can help me out.

The pump is a PanWorld NH-100PX. I bought it used off Ebay. When it arrived, I quickly looked at it, as I was on my way to work, and it looked great. A few days later, I took it apart to clean it, and that’s when I noticed that the front casing is cracked. I didn’t worry about it to much, as the pump ran without difficultly and left me with the impression that it was still water tight. As I was priming the CLS, which is what I’m using this pump for, water leaked right out of the front casing. I’ve gone ahead and emailed PanWorld to inquire about replacement parts. I’ve also put some Christy’s Red Hot Blue Glue PVC pipe cement over the top of the crack. However, after a few hours curing, the cement is really pliable. I don’t think that it will hold under pressure.

So, what’d ya all think? Any suggestions on a mean to repair this?

Well I wouldn't trust any repair bud. Just get the new housing, and that should do it. If you need to borrow a pump just stop by the house tomorrow.

From Chris at Pan World Americas, Ltd:
The p/n for the front casing is U1011512300 and the cost is $18 each. Please send a check to the following address:
PWA
PO Box 6228
China Village, ME 04926
Please reference the part number and add $7.50 for shipping and handling.

:eek: Wow! I got that email this morning after emailing the company last night right before posting this thread.

From BigT:
If you need to borrow a pump just stop by the house tomorrow.

My wife says that this is teaching me patience. :lol: And to be honest with you, it is! Thanks for the offer, but as I'm waiting on base rock to arrive, I'm not really in any hurry. Thanks again, Tom

Just goes to show you never know when you will need a back-up return pump. Always good to keep some sort of spare handy.:)
Scott

Back