Pump selection question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mungus

I am looking to move my sump to the basement and need to chose a pump. I was thinking about going with a Genx pcx 40 or 55. I need to push the water up a max 12' (most likely 10') with 2 90 degree bends 2 ball valves and 2 unions. My overflow can handle no more than 600gph and I would like to keep it more toward the 500 mark. I used the head loss calc on RC and it looked like either pump would be ok. I would drain the addition water into a fuge.

When I called PCI to verify my decision the guy told me I would need a minimum of the pcx 100:eek: . It requires way to much electricity for me. Is the guy at PCI right or is the calc at RC right?

Should I be looking at a different pump perhaps? I have seen a guys setup using a T4 that pumped more distance than I need to go and it was working very well for him. Didnt pump as much as the genx when run through the head loss calc.

Thanks
Brian

I decided to go with a blue line 55HD. I would like to thank Andy @ MRC for all the help. A+ information and customer service as always.

Brian

That's cool Brian. Make sure you post some photos of your new project. Blue line pumps are said to be great. 10ft isn't really too bad to have to pump when you are talking about pumping from a basement. Should work out great. Best of luck!:)

Back