• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Purple Rim Monti

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

FreakinReefin

Insert idiot comment
Just a curiousity, I purchased a piece of the purple rim, green montipora frags from the display(Elos I believe) and I was just wondering if it is an encrusting monti? I have mounted it on a rock, however I have it raised off the surface of the rock and I don't see it expanding much. I do see it bulking up quite a bit which made me suspect that it is looking for something to encrust and not expand in plate form. Of course, given the name "Purple Rim" does lead me to believe that it will have a plated form with a rim...but I thought I'd ask.

Just a curiousity, I purchased a piece of the purple rim, green montipora frags from the display(Elos I believe) and I was just wondering if it is an encrusting monti? I have mounted it on a rock, however I have it raised off the surface of the rock and I don't see it expanding much. I do see it bulking up quite a bit which made me suspect that it is looking for something to encrust and not expand in plate form. Of course, given the name "Purple Rim" does lead me to believe that it will have a plated form with a rim...but I thought I'd ask.

Its a plating Montipora species. It will lay down new base on the rock until it is secure and then spend its energy plating to capture light and shade competitors for light and space on the reef:)

Thanks

Back