Question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

brady816

This is going to sound dumb but i have to ask this. Im looking at adding more corals and have been finding some nice ones. Heres the question when it tells you the requirements for the coral like

Size: 1 Stalk
Care Level: Difficult
Diet: Strong Light, Medium Flow
Origin: Indonesia
Acclimation Time: 1+ hour

My question is about the lights i have the t5's is that considered strong light?????

Depends on the wattage of the T-5's and the depth/size of your tank. I know your tank is a 55gal, but can't remember the wattage on your bulbs :oops:

That's about 4 watts per gal which maybe enough. I not familiar with T-5's that well, but have heard they put out quite a bit of useable light. Also, if a little more light is required which you should be able to tell by how it responds to the lighting in the tank, you could always raise it up as high as you so the coral can to be closer to the light. :)

BTW, what kind of coral is it anyways?:)

BTW, what kind of coral is it anyways?

I was trying to guess too. :lol: I came up with either xenia or arcopora because it comes in stalks. :?:

it was the frogspawn i was seeing if i got a good deal. And i was looking at the prices of other corals and was wanting to know about the lights..

Frogspawn are not difficult, nor do they require "high" lighting levels. They are one of the easier LPS to keep. Mine has been in my tank for several years under a PC/VHO combo...no problems at all with it. Keep your water quality good, keep it in the middle/upper part of the tank under medium/high flow, and it should do fine...

Back