quiet fans

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jadeguppy

I am looking to buy two fans for my 125g. The tank is in the living room so the fans need to be quiet! Any suggestions on how, where, brands, etc. for two small fans. I think the original fans were 4". The fans will be controlled by a reefkeeper so they don't need their own temp gauge. Thanks!

I think I'm going to get the 120mm Scythe Slip Stream SY1225SL12M. At 68.5 CFM @ 24dBA and under $10, it looks like the best fan at a great price. This site appears to have the best price for multiple fans with shipping:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185058

My only issue now is the power supply. I prefer to have both fans on one cord to conserve spots on my reefkeeper...

I like that the site you found offers fans with outlet plugs.

Another quick question on this topic... The canopy already has holes for 80mm fans. Will 80mm fans do the job or do I need to enlarge the holes and go with the 120mm fans I posted above?

How much air needs to be blowing to keep the lights cool? Do I need more than two fans rated at 32 CFM/ 1700rpm? Whichever size fan I go with, I'll be sure that the hole matches the fan.

Back