Radion users?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mfinn

Surgeonfish
Is there anyone in the south end that is using a Radion that can give some hands on help?
I am having trouble with the software and I am at my wits end.
IMO the instruction suck.
I have been using it in basic mode on a intermatic plug-in timer, bumping up the intensity manually.
This morning I wanted to look at the tank, so I hit the timer button and the lights came on at 100% in 12k. Right now they are suppose to be at 20k at about 35% intensity.
If that had happened when I wasn't home, it would have cooked the corals in just a few hours.
Due to my work schedule during the week I haven't been able to get in touch with Ecotech.

Maybe a hour or so on a Saturday?

Thanks

I think I managed to reset the software so that it will run in basic mode for now.
But I still would like to a Radion user that is familar with the software.

I have mine set on artificial mode and set the lighting at different color levels and brightness thru-out the day. It was kind of hard to follow the instructions. I would be happy to help you, but a little too far away for hands on. I kinda winged it my self initially. Is there a video tutorial in the software?

I have mine set on artificial mode and set the lighting at different color levels and brightness thru-out the day. It was kind of hard to follow the instructions. I would be happy to help you, but a little too far away for hands on. I kinda winged it my self initially. Is there a video tutorial in the software?

I'm not getting anything from any instructions or the video.

I got the light setup so that in the interface it shows up on the left side. But that's about where I hit a road block.

What I want to do is start the light cycle out at 10% at 9 am, go to 20% at 10 am, then 40% at 11am, stay at 40% until 5pm then ramp down in a couple steps and shut off at 9pm.
All in a 20k mode.

Then every week step up the top end 5%.
Is this possible?

Last edited:
Yes, but you will have to reprogram it each week and change each color or the brightness or both. Then save it and the light will run at the new programing.
Once you get the program you want set up and programed the light, you need to select that programing by pushing the button on the unit till the light turns to the color of the program you are using.
The book shows you which color that is.

You know you got the newer version. I still dont think it will give you the option to increase by a persentage all on its own at a specified time or date. You will have to reprogram it every week to up the brightness.

Martin, are you using the ESL site? Login
I've found it pretty easy to use. Make sure you update your Java before trying to configure.

I could also export my settings and send them to you.

Last edited:
one other thing about the ESL site, You may have to close the connection manager the first time you configure your lights, then login to the ESL site and start the connection manager. I've seen you over on RC, check out the thread there as it is pretty helpful.

I couldn't figure out how to do the version before the ESL.
I did try to log-on to the ESL site hoping it would be simpler, but could not.
Could not get in.

The instructions suck.
I had to contact EcoTech and get one of their guys to help me out. I wish I could be of more help, but that's honestly what I went through.

Nick

Martin, are you using the ESL site? Login
I've found it pretty easy to use. Make sure you update your Java before trying to configure.

I could also export my settings and send them to you.

I tried logging in using Firefox but keep getting this error message:
An error occurred while logging into EcoSmart Live. Please enter a valid e-mail address and password

I should call them, but everytime I sit down to do that something happens that takes my attention away.
I'm assuming it won't just take a 10 minute phone to get this going.

Back