Rebuilding a Reef Aquarium

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ReefJeff

Hello Reefers,

Although my 50 gallon reef is only 7 months old, I was wondering if you should rebuild your rocks and corals so they don't just grow in one direction?

I have about 80 lbs of rock and mostly soft corals now but I would like to rearrange some of the rocks but I am worried about disturbing the corals and putting them in area where they might not benefit from the lighting or water flow from my 3 powerheads.

Do I need to rearrange this tank? No. But I always wonder "what if I had this coral here, or this rock there."

Thank you,

ReefJeff

If you can assure that your corals will get proper lighting and flow, then I don't see any problems re-arranging things a bit. Some people don't like messing with their tank's once it is setup, but I was one of those that if I wanted to change up things I did and never had any issues. Definately don't change anything though if they will not have the flow they need or the lighting. :)

I move stuff around all the time. Mostly to try and pretend I have more room for something new!:lol:
Always works somehow.

Back