recession on lobo brain...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Skeptic9962

what would cause this? my only guess would be the fluctuation in PH from night to day...(if there is any, havnt checked that yet), or the fact that it came from a 0 nitrate tank and went into my tank when I was getting them down from 20ish there now between 0-5 all within a period of 2 months or so....that might stress it out a bit...there is no fluctuation in dkh at all...(been testing to make sure) everything else is looking great....

params.

temp. 76-78
calc. 460
dkh 10
nitrate 0-5
nitrite 0
amon. 0
salin. 1.025
mag. 1250
PH ? (no test kit)
all light bulbs are brand new, under a 14k pheonix 250w, and 4 T5s

any ideas other then just stress from going from a clean to a dirty to a clean environment?

just posting to follow along on this one ...

I had all of my lobos melt away one by one a while ago - tried everything I could think of to bring them back, dips, checked for parasites, changed positions in the tank, tried feeding them every kind of tasty treat I could find, checked parameters - no luck, was very sad...

Skep

I would guess as up proposed, which by the way is quite common. Corals in low nutrient systems or high nutrient systems, often exspell the zoo's from stress, when move to a opposite nutrient level of which they are use to. You can also see this when one has gone from a poor grade of GAC to a high grade of GAC or form no GAC to using GAC, or form no GFO to using GFO. It is not that the corals will not do fine at such x levels, it is the drastic shift in the nutrient load. Meaning, they need to be acclimated slowly to this shift over days or weeks.

Back