Recommendation on cheap pump for top off?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

akunochi

Mr. Reckless
I am looking for a cheap pump to pump water from my RODI bin to my tanks. They are all on the same floor a distance of 60-70 feet. I am looking for super cheap LOL.

LOL ok. so all of the above then I take it? I was just turning to the knowledge base that is RF....well most of it....and then Adam ;)

Since i don't know how much line resistance would be involved moving water 60-70 feet, mine was just a guess.
I use a maxi-jet to go from inside a 20 gallon barrel in my garage to my tank. It's only about 12', with a 4' uphill climb.
If you use flexable tubing and it's all pretty much level, both of the suggestions may work.

I used a MJ1200 as a return pump on one of my systems. You'd be surpised what one can actually do.

On two of my three tanks, I am using peristaltic/enteral dosing pumps. I also use BRS two part calcium and alkilinity additions, so these pumps work great. Here is one of the pumps that I am using:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ross-Flexiflo-P...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0e3d82f7

I can set the flow anywhere from 0-300 ml per hour. I have a feed bag that holds 1000ml that I fill in the morning and then I fill it again at night. This works well on smaller tanks that do not evaporate more than a gallon or so of water per day.

I am a hands on reefer, so filling the bag twice per day is no trouble for me. I can dose calcium during the day and alkilinity during the night.

g

7" wide X 8" high X 4" deep. There is a clamp on the back for mounting the unit on a pole. It adds another 2.5" to the depth. My pump just sits on my stand next to my tank.

g

Back