Red sea max250

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tyson256031

Has anybody ever used one or has one now? Any feed back or things you'd like to see different? I'm really thinking about getting one and making everything very simple lol... Adding a controller and a chiller as well as a calcium reactor to it.

Any ideas and input from everyone would be great and amazing! Also if anyone has links to sites or forums where ther are pics and info would be a big help as well.

Thanks a lot guys!

I had a red sea max 130 34gal for 3 years up till two days ago when I bought a bigger tank. I had no complaints with the tank except one, the lighting (2 t5 55 watts)I did not have any luck with sps, but everything else did great, even the two clams I had in it. This is a link of a site that I went too alot if I just wanted to see other red sea max owner and how they set there up or if I had a ? on anything I needed to know and the best thing was that you can get parts and lighting (cheap) on there from a user named pinky,a lot of great info on site. hope this help you out, they are great tanks I got mine from BIGALSONLINE and had no problems. Dan

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/

if you want to add lighting to the Red Sea Max you can go onto nanocustoms.com and they have retro kits that you can add MH that would make it a pretty nice all in one tank

if you want to add lighting to the Red Sea Max you can go onto nanocustoms.com and they have retro kits that you can add MH that would make it a pretty nice all in one tank

I looked at that but it was around $500.00:eek: and I thought that I was just starting out that I will just stick to with things that did not need alot of light.

Yeah, I'm cycling my RSM 250 right now with cured live rocks and new sand. I'm using the nitrobac in the bottle that was included. Currently Have a pair of clown and an angel. I'm monitoring the parameter everyday and it's getting better. Reefsantuary is a nice place for rsm250 folks but some people who mod their system is crazy. They go out and buy a $1700 tank, didn't even both giving their lights and skimmer a chance before shelling out another $600 and $500 for LED and deltec skimmer respectively. Cut out their cover to mod, etc. Crazy. Don't read too much into what people do. The default setup is great

btw, only thing I plan on modding is adding the intank 250 media basket (ridiculously priced for a some plastic) and a phosphate reactor

Back