reef complete or...?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

volivier

I'm out of reef complete, I use Reef Builder, Calcium. I've stopped the iron, iodine, essential vitamins, and Strontium/magnesium. I stopped due to advise that I shouldn't add anything I don't test for. Also I was fighting hair algae and was concerned they might be contributing to it. What brand do you all use for adding calcium, I don't have a reactor.

I use Kent Turbo Calcium and Kent Alkalinity Super Buffer, both powdered, plus Oceanic brand salt. I've been happy with the general stability. I put the buffer into my topoff reservoir and hand-add the calcium.

in the past I have used Tropic Marin Bio Calcium with great success. It takes care of both calcium and buffering ability. I have also used Oceans Blend{was a try out product}. For now since my calcium/alk levels are where I want them, I am using kalk. to maintain. I would definitely still be dosing magnesium.

I personally prefer Warner Marine products, and try to use them when I can because they are analytical grade. If you can, get a magnesium test kit, and test for magnesium, too. You may find you still need to dose. If your Calcium and Alkalinity are in balance, then you can use a 2 parter supplement, and use the calcium and alkalinity "boosters" when you're low (or to boost your water change water to proper levels). I find Kalk also helps me to maintain my ca/alk levels.

Hope this helps!

I will second Warner Marine products. they are definetely some of the better chemicals out there.

Back