reef fanatic ph controller

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mavgi

anyone use in micro -ph controller by reef fanatic ?

i setup my hi out put to 7.00 and the controller can't go down then 7.05 , i thought maybe the prob not good and i change to new one but it's the same .
it's a new controller and i want to know maybe something wrong with the unit . i calibrate the prob and the reading was correct , i put the ofset on 0.02 so at 6.88 it's need to stop but it's about 28 hour like that and not go down .

I don't understand your question. Do you have a saltwater tank? if so you want to be raising your pH, not trying to lower it below 7.

i know what level of ph i need for the salt tank. and maybe i didn't explain my self good .i'll try to explain the ph controller connect to my calcium reactor and the ph prob inside the calcium reactor the media react when the ph in the calcium reactor between 6.8 -7.0 the problem is that the controller not reduce the ph in the reactor . and i want to know if anyone use here with the same controller ?

thank for trying to help

I'm not familiar with the Reef Fanatic pH Controller, but I'm glad you're pH is getting down where it should now. What media are you using in your reactor? What pH are you now getting inside the reactor since you fixed the issue?

Hi Nikki

the ph in the reactor now it's 7.00
the media i use it's the carib sea a.r.m
yesterday my reading wasn't good so i dial again the reactor it's tricky if you want to decrease the alk so you need to decrease the co2 bpm and when i do so the ph raise in the reactor . now to dissolve this media the ph need to be at 7.00 and when i decrease the bpm it's hard to get to 7.00 and i can't dissolve the media.
yesterday i read those parameter :
ca-370
dkh 11.8
alk 4.23
i wait for the 24 hour cycle and check that again i know it's going to take some time till i will adjust it but in the end i will be there:)

best regards

michael

You'll be really good at testing for Ca and Alk :D. What kind of calcium reactor are you using again? It might help if someone else reading has the same reactor. They may be able to offer some tips on dialing it in.

the reactor : geo 6/12
the controller : micro ph reef fanatic
the co2 guage : reef fanatic delux with solenoid
the water feeding pump :maxijet 1200
here is the picture of the setup

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Back