Reef Farmers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I went to one of his frag swaps... it's nice stuff... most of it you can find on:

fragfarmer.com

or atlantisaquarium.com

-Josh-:cool:

Personal Preference Warning.

Why pay $150 and wait 6 years for a 1/2" frag? Who cares what it looks like, those prices are purely market hype. I picked up a small frag of the "Idaho Grape" (M. Undata) once. It's a nice piece, sure. I'm giving away frags of it now because it's not the "cool" coral. Blue zoanthids anyone? Acan Lords, OMG!!11!!oneone!! (btw, I got one of those for free, too, at a swap... now that it's common).

Maybe I'm anti-hype. I'll avoid something just because there's hysteria surrounding it. I have a tank filled with plain ol' frag swap finds and boring LFS acqusitions, and my most expensive coral ever was $24. However, there are two types of reef tanks, as well. There are frag gardens, filled with finger sized pieces of every "LE" coral out there. I prefer the more natural looking tank filled with a few large corals that have had a chance to mature into a more natural looking shape (Like my tabling millepora).

Anyway, I'm sorry I sound like such a snob. I'm not a big fan of advertising telling me what I need. I've met Tyree a couple of times, and he's pleasant, and all. It's just not my thing.

But he sells them, and there's a multiple year waiting list. The waiting list proves there's not even enough supply to meet the demand... typically this results in even higher prices.

They're high because people pay it.

i agree, the prices are high...but keep in mind ,we are not obligated to buy them..hehe:)

Back