Reef Fish Quiz

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Answers...

You Scored 15 out of 15

This gives you a grade of A+. WOW! You aced it. You're a pro.

Question 1 - Correct.

Question 2 - Correct.

Question 3 - Correct.

Question 4 - Correct.

Question 5 - Correct.

Question 6 - Correct.

Question 7 - Correct.

Question 8 - Correct.

Question 9 - Correct.

Question 10 - Correct.

Question 11 - Correct.

Question 12 - Correct.

Question 13 - Correct.

Question 14 - Correct.

Question 15 - Correct.

You Scored 13 out of 15

This gives you a grade of B+. Very Good! You only missed a few

I missed 2 and 4.

Maxx is having internet connection problems but he pointed out to me that there is an error in the quiz. He told me over the phone that number 12 is a Humu Humu trigger and not a picasso trigger.

Here's a link

Humuhumukununukuapua

I'm glad he pointed this error out because I get to add a point to my score now. I looked at that pic and said that doesn't look like any picasso I have ever seen so it must be a black trigger.

Picasso Trigger

Hey Curt - me too...I thought the same thing...even toyed with thinking it might be a juvenile or something. Whew!

Edit...I think this quiz should have had scientific names....there are so many common names for fish - it can be difficult at times.

Curtswearing said:

I'm glad he pointed this error out because I get to add a point to my score now. I looked at that pic and said that doesn't look like any picasso I have ever seen so it must be a black trigger.

Picasso Trigger

yeah me too... process of elimination i had to go with the incorect answer...

14/15 then

yeah gold star for me!!!!

the scientic name can change almost as fast as the common names as well. or can have 2 different scientic names depending on who you talk to, they fight and argue over reclassifications and depends on who has accepted the reclass or not.

i had the advantage of 20+ yrs of LFS work,,,ive seen every common name possible!

one day for fun i labeled all the fish by latin name and confused the customers to no end,,,summer time in a LFS can be slow and you need to create fun!

13 for 15 not too bad. Not quiet as good as I thought I would have done......Do I get to add one for the snafu on the one question?:lol: It was one of the two I suposedly missed.....

Last edited:
Answers...

You Scored 13 out of 15

This gives you a grade of B+. Very Good! You only missed a few

Question 1 - Correct.

Question 2 - Correct.

Question 3 - Correct.

Question 4 - Incorrect. Actual Answer was: Bullethead Parrotfish.

Question 5 - Correct.

Question 6 - Correct.

Question 7 - Correct.

Question 8 - Correct.

Question 9 - Correct.

Question 10 - Correct.

Question 11 - Incorrect. Actual Answer was: Saddle Wrasse. This common wrasse has a blue head followed by an orange bar.

Question 12 - Correct.

Question 13 - Correct.

Question 14 - Correct.

Question 15 - Correct

Back