Reef Frontiers Navigation

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MtnDewMan

RF Premium Member
With so many new members here at Reef Frontiers, I thought it would be nice to take the time and provide some info on how to get around the site a bit. I have taken some screen shots from my computer and will try to outline how to get around.

Starting with our home page at http://www.reeffrontiers.com/ we have a main menu section that looks like this:

main_menu.jpg

Each item is described below briefly:

Home Page = Reef Frontiers Home Page

Forums = The discussion area to exchange info with everyone else

Fish Gallery = Our vast library of fish pictures and information

Coral/Invert Gallery = Our vast libray of coral and invertebrate pictures and information

Member Photo Gallery = This is the place for our members to upload the pictures you would like to share with the rest of the community.

Equipment Gallery = Our vast library of equipment with pictures and information and a place to provide your feedback as well.

Resource Library = Our vast library of reef related articles that have been gathered and organized to make it easier for our members to get educated.

Reef Frontiers Chat = A place where our members can chat with one another real time.

Premium Membership = Information on how to become a premium member which gives you more gallery space, web space and a RF email address.

Our next two menus are located on each and every page that loads. Some are the same links that are on the main menu above, so I will only address the unique ones, but want you to know that these menus exisit:

header_menu.jpg

navbar_menu.jpg

Sponsors = A current listing of all of our great sponsors where you can quickly link to their web pages as well as a quick way to find out how to get a hold of them. Please go to our sponsors when looking for your products, they may get you a nice price.

User CP = This is where you go and update your personal information, your RF browsing preferences, your signatures, your passwords, etc

RF Store = We have set up a place so you can buy your very own RF related merchandise such as t-shirts, mugs, mousepads, etc ...

FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions on how to generally use the vbulletin forum software. Also includes our user agreements along with our posting policies.

Members List = A complete listing of our members

Calendar = A calendar which can be used to post important upcoming events.

New Posts = Just want to see the new posts that have been made since your last visit? Click on this link.

Search = Search our site, use the quick search box or choose the advanced search feature.

Quick Links = A variety of frequently used tasks in one menu. New Posts, Mark Forums Read, Buddy List, Edit key user profile items, Private messaging, subscribed threads, and see who's online.

Log Out = kind of self explainatory.

One last menu bar is one that shows up when you are reading a thread:

thread_tools_menu.jpg

Thread Tools = Check out the tools to see what is available. This is the easiest way to subscribe to a thread to get notifications on updates to the information.

Search this thread = a quick way to search only within the thread you are reading

Rate this thread = A feature not used very often but available for use.

Display modes = play with this feature to choose the style of displaying the threads that fits your needs.

Anyway, I wanted to give a little tour on how to use the site. I hope this helps not only the new members but also those that have been around for a while.

Thanks for enjoying and being a member of Reef Frontiers.

Chuck

Wow, thanks Chuck!

I'm on a Mac, so my menu bar looks a little different (if I could figure out how to take a screen shot, I'd post it :) ).

Nikki

It would be nice to get some screen shots of your menus if you can figure it out. I have not seen how it looks on anything other than IE 6 and netscape under the windows platform.

Here's the menu lower menu bar from my Mac. Let's see if I can get this to work....

Edit - I didn't upload it to my gallery, so you have to click on it to see it enlarged :)

Thanks Nikki ... it does look different. I guess those java scripts aren't working in yours to show the dropdown stuff for the quick links or even the search? I will add it to the info.

By the way, you can find the site navigation info from our FAQ now :)

Hey! I'm so excited - I upgraded my archaeic Mac software, and now my menu looks like a PCs!!! LOLOL

Back