~ Reef Frontiers ~ Picture of the Month

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

TJL

copod
Reef Frontiers
Picture of the Month
New for 2012, Reef Frontiers will be having "Picture of the Month" contests with each month being a different topic/theme. This contest is for everyone, not just those pro shutter-bugs out there. Monthly winners get Braggin' Rights by having thier pic on the front page for all to see and a fancy new Badge as well. The year-end or "Picture of the Year" winner will receive a ?Fabulous Prize? plus a year of Premium Membership here on RF.

January ~ "Best pic of coral or fish that would have made a cool Holiday ornament"

February
~ "Best 'Big-Mouth' shot of your fish yawning or eating something too large"

March
~ "March Madness of course, best shot of your coral or fish in your favorite teams color"

April
~ "Showers from the IRS, Best pic of livestock purchased with Tax Return money"

May ~ " May Flowers, so show us the best pic of your Zoa or Acan Garden"

June
~ " Summer growing season is almost here so best pic of your SPS growth tips"

July
~ " Independance Day, best Reeftank shot with RED, WHITE & BLUE"

August
~ " Heat of Summer and time for a Top Down shot of your tank
Best of needless to say"

September
~ " My favorite, start of river Salmon Fishing so give me your best Reef Fish
pic... extra points for fish that never stop"

October
~ " Best Scariest and/or Grossest (not rude/crude) reeftank pic" Reefs are a battle ground so use your imagination.

November
~ " Best Macro-shot of your Coral, depth of field is what I'm looking
for here" A handheld magnifying glass will work.

December
~ " Best Actinic shot, single animal or FTS... your choice"

** Every Month in the Photography Forum I/we will have a new thread up for each monthly contest to submit photos to **

Cheers, Todd/ RF Staff
fine print: all winning photos will need to be submitted in original file format to Reef Fontiers by e-mail to [email protected][/EMAIL"][email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL] and ...
"by submitting your photograph you authorize reef frontiers to use your photograph, and your name, username, etc., in marketing, the RF website, and promotional materials in perpetuity for financial and non-financial gain, without any reimbursement, royalties, or payment owed to the photograph owner" A maximum of 2 wins per member per calander year.

Last edited:
Do the pictures have to be recent or can they come from any of my thousands in the archives?

Good question Duane, and since this is my rules :evil: :smokin: I say no expiration date on photos, but must be of your own reeftank!

Cheers, Todd

Cool! Are we limited to the number of photos to be submitted each month?

I'm relly happy to see this happening. I already posted my first entry! So hard to just pick one though.

Good question Duane, and since this is my rules :evil: :smokin: I say no expiration date on photos, but must be of your own reeftank!

Cheers, Todd

Is there any specific reason for this rule? I can see it being a burden to people who don't have the particular themed item in their tanks. For instance, June's theme requires a person to have SPS. A lot of people don't have SPS in their tanks. If the rule requires people to take photos ONLY of their own tanks, they'd not be able to enter. I can completely understand that a member must submit a photo that they themselves took, but I wouldn't think it should matter if they took the photo of their own tank or of another tank.

Just my opinion, as worthless as it is...lol

Is there any specific reason for this rule? I can see it being a burden to people who don't have the particular themed item in their tanks. For instance, June's theme requires a person to have SPS. A lot of people don't have SPS in their tanks. If the rule requires people to take photos ONLY of their own tanks, they'd not be able to enter. I can completely understand that a member must submit a photo that they themselves took, but I wouldn't think it should matter if they took the photo of their own tank or of another tank.

Just my opinion, as worthless as it is...lol

I was actually wondering the same thing. I know I am very limited as to which months I can participate, and I am one of those people that does NOT have anything SPS in my tank, so I would automatically not be able to participate in that month, even though I have LOADS of great pics from other tanks and the Seattle aquarium of some beautiful SPS.

Just my $0.02 as well :)

Back