ReefTech - Prometheus????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

FreakinReefin

Insert idiot comment
---- Has anyone heard anything about these lights?? Any press releases?? This is the description that is on the website, although this is really ALL that is there...literally. I found this on www.pacificsunusa.com which is the old website for Pacific Sun LED lights that we all know. I talked to Rafal(PS Rep) and he has not answered any questions about this yet...not sure if he will, but I will update if he does. These things sound pretty frickin awesome!

Prometheus 2011 Modular Lamps

Welcome to the Prometheus. Hand crafted and designed by Reef Technologies, the Prometheus represents the zenith of aquarium lighting in performance and design. ReefTech has traditionally been founded on a straightforward principle: To deliver an unparalleled combination of appearance, function, and elegance in our products. With a combination of constant improvement and highest standards in quality control, we guarantee to provide only the uppermost standards for every product worthy of the ReefTech brand name.

The secret to The Prometheus innovation is in the Modular Construction of its design. This revolutionary system allows for every part of the Prometheus to be easily removed and replaced without tedious wiring or soldering. The home user will be able to effortlessly upgrade their ReefTech Prometheus units to keep up with new innovations and upgrade releases. Removing and replacing parts can be done with a snap!

With unmatched lighting power and unprecedented energy efficiency, the Prometheus is the ultimate combination of style and substance. Hosting more features than have ever been made available in any other lighting unit and a modular system that guarantees it will continue to be an industry leader for years to come.

Exclusive features:

* White LEDs at 7000Kelvin, Blue at 470nm, Royal Blue at 450nm.
* 45W consumption per section, 15LEDs per pad, 6White, 3Blue and 6Royal blue.
* Expected LEDs life time 60,000 hours at 125 degree core diode temperature (Per Manufacturer).
* One of the highest Lumen maintenance factor available.
* Available auxiliary modules for fine color tuning available in RED, Green, and UV.
* Optional Mounting Kit available.
* Meanwell drivers 2 year warranty, certified, UL/ CSA /TUV/PSE/EMC/ETL/GS.
* CE, EMC and RoHs Certified.
* 18 months manufacture warranty.
* Designed by ReefTech team.

Design:
* Wireless communication between LEDs & controller.
* Opticsfree design provides maximum coverage and ample penetration.
* Does not promote irregular growth patterns in SPS corals, due to use of optics.
* Totally modular, all parts are changeable by disconnecting connections, no need for wiring.
* Easy to upgrade and repair due to modular design of the fixture.
* Userfriendly operating program and menus.
* Could be networked to other fixtures.
* Only one cord exits the fixture.
* Fixture Wattage: 180W.
* Diodes approximate core temperature: 104 deg C.

Control:
* LCD controller capable of demo, custom and expert for advance color composition.
* Fully controllable by LED color group, modules, auxiliary modules and programmed custom groups.
* Programmable, sunrise, sunset, midday scenarios moving from left to right across.
* Total weather simulation; clouds, rainy day, lightning.
* Optional fan shutoff mode via controller.
* Realtime color sampling, watch the light color composed live.
* Multiple lighting scenario custom or preset available.
* Linked to ReefMaster wirelessly for additional total network management.

Upgrade:
* Energy transfer via piercing contacts into integrated cables, no wiring or soldering modules.
* All diodes & components in network "with each other", "within each module", "between modules" and "modules and the controller" wirelessly.
* Easy to upgrade or replace modules, due to total wireless communication and unique energy distribution, no wiring or soldering modules.
* Auxiliary Modules available in RED, GREEN and UV, to further fine compose your light output as desired.

Special highlights:
* Capable of growing any type of corals, irrelevant of how high their demand of light.
* Equivalent to high Kelvin 400W MH bulb on Eballast.
* 50% less energy consumption.
* No spotting effect on sand, only natural shimmer effect.
* EMC certified, will not affect other electronics or devices in close proximity.
* Effortless upgradability.
* Super sleek modern design.

Hey J,

Rafal has some exciting changes in the works. I'm not privy to all the details nor is it my place to share what he has told me. I let him know about this thread and since he's not a sponsor he asked me to post the following.

“With the new year and new 2011 Prometheus models we strive to improve the product and offer best possible customer service. I hope to see you all in the first half of January 2011 at Barrier Reef's store.“ -Rafal

He also sent me some screen shots of a new Iphone App and indicated he will probably become a sponsor here at RF in December. I'll post the screenshots when I have more time. Finally, he is planning to offer a special upgrade option for anyone with a 2010 model. Details will be forthcoming.

Thanks,
Cy

Back