Reintroducing myself

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dwhite18

Just got back into the hobby due to an over abundance of time from graduating college. I have had several tanks in the past, but this time I'm doing a nano tank. (one of the new fluval spec 5 gallons) got it up and going with LR. I am however, a little worried about possible over kill on the light. I did the reef capable aquatop leds. I've witnessed them grow lps, sps and so on. But, I'm worried it may be a little to much on a 12" tall tank. No dimmer or anything. whatcha guys think?

That is it! My friend was using it on his 135 gallon reef and growing birds nest and few more sps ok of course zoas and stuff too, but i am just using a single strip across my 5 gallon. it looks really good, but i was worried about corals thinking it was too much.

most coral will acclimate to them. you can start them off on the bottome of the tank and slowly move them up. See how they react. Any way you can raise the lights up above the tank.

I have a few inches i can raise it, but not much, it is in an odd place. its on the bottom of a nightstand because the top is being used.

Back