rio 2100 impeller removal?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

urbanfox

I cant seem to get the impeller off my rio 2100? im hooking it up with a new impeller for my turboflator 1000 skimmer. help please.

Covers? I have the impeller out of the pump. i cant pull the blade away from the magnet and its shaft. only the ceramic collar inset comes off leaving a thin cap that tears or crimps when i grab it with pliers. I cant pry or pull the blade off?

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem with my RIO. Also have the Turboflotor 1000. have you found a way to remove the rio impeller blade?

Thanks,

Aaron

I'm having the same problem with my RIO. Also have the Turboflotor 1000. have you found a way to remove the rio impeller blade?

Thanks,

Aaron

Hey Aaron, I guess Rio changed their pump and impeller design, and these new impellers are not the same ones in the instructions for the turboflotor 1000. I e-mailed Aqua Medic about changing or updating their instructions. They recommend their ocean runner pump with the needle wheel pre-installed. $$$. I bought two Rio 2100,(as per their instruction sheet) so im going to try and modify the impeller on my own sometime. But Aqua Medic had no advice on modifying the new impellers so we are on are on brother. good luck!

Thanks for the update. I had the aquabee 2000 with the needlewheel impeller, the pump caved so I bought a RIO 2100, arggg... I'll try sourcing parts tomorrow for the mesh mod mentioned here. Let me know how you make out with the modifications.

Aaron

Back