RO/di pressure

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MarineTeng

Reef Padawan
i don't have a pressure meter but will lower pressure or higher pressure create more waste water, i'm getting probably between 4-1 to 5-1 waste water to ro/di water, i don't know what psi i'm using but the hose goes rigid and such thanks for the help, it's a kent marine maxxima hi-s what not 35gpd

dont really know, i think theres a operation pressure that should be maintained.

usely about 45-75psi,

but here's ah bump

I don't think input pressure affects the waste water output ratio. I think the typical ratio is around 4-1 regardless of the pressure. I think the only thing the pressure affects is the production rate. I think most membrane's are rated for 60 PSI, and will produce the 35gpd at that rated pressure.

But then again I might be wrong.

Are you on city or a well system? Most well systems do not have the pressure to run a unit at max efficiency. I have a well system with a 30/50 pressure switch on the pump. I put a ro pump on my new unit and it really produces. I think there is a optimum pressure to run at. If the pressure is too low then more waste water is produced since it can't force it through the membrane. I think the more pressure the more effective the unit becomes. I have a 100gpd unit 6 stage with UV, a pressure tank, sink faucet (for drinking), Dual in line TDS meter, auto shut off switch and a booster pump. There are threads here talking bout ro/di's and efficiency also.

online the product stats says ideal is 65 psi and it should give a 3 to 1 waste to good water ratio thanks for the responses
http://www.kentmarine.com/instructions/maxxima.pdf
i was just wondering since i have no pressure meter if i should make more pressure or less

I would not try to guess. You can get a inline pressure gauge at the filter guys. It will come with fitting and is ready to go for $11. 60-65 is good. The production will depend on the pressure, temp and membrane rejection rate.

Don

Back