RO DI Question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Roly

Go WhiteSox!
I dont keep my RO DI unit connected. After I fill up my water jugs, I disconnect it until my next water change. My question is: after Im done do I need to drain the water out of the unit? Also the DI resin tube often gets clogged up forcing my to blow into the tubes to unclogg it. Is this bad? By the way I have a WaterGeneral RO6100+DI. Thanks!

Last edited:
I dont keep my RO DI unit connected. After I fill up my water jugs, I disconnect it until my next water change. My question is: after Im done do I need to drain the water out of the unit? Also the DI resin tube often gets clogged up forcing my to blow into the tubes to unclogg it. Is this bad? By the way I have a WaterGeneral RO6100+DI. Thanks!

You should always leave your rodi connected with water pressure closing the asv. You want NO air in the system. You probably have bacterial fouling.

Don

why are you not keeping it connected dood ? space problems?
i agree with Don, you should keep it always connected just so you don't have to go with the trouble of connecting it all over again and plus don't you need it for your sump ? or what are you using for topping off(or whatever it's called when you gotta dump water in the sump :p:D )?

I dont leave it connected becuase of lack of space. I bought an adapter where when I need it I just connect it diretly to the faucet. I fill up 3 "5 gal" juggs. When ever I see that the sump is a bit low, I just pour some in directly into the sump. What Im doin now is Im not draining the unit. I leave the water in it. Im just hoping that this isnt bad. Like Don said I dont want any bacteria forming.

Back