RO/DI questions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

rthomas

I have a 75 G DT with a 20 G sump/refugium.
I'm looking at buying a RO/DI system so I don't have to keep gonig to my LFE every weekend.

My question is whats better 75GPD or 100GPD, anything else I should keep in mind while on my search? Thanks

Some times speed has been an issue for me (how fast I can fill my storage containers.

With multiply tanks the 100 GPD is what has worked best for me. I normally always have 100 gallons ready in case of a water accident with one of the tanks.

I've been happy with airwaterice.com Typhoon III
http://www.airwaterice.com/product/1TYPHOONIII/TYPHOON_III_AQUARIUM_RO_DI_75_or_100_GPD.html

They have a new model of the Typhoon III called the extreme.
http://www.airwaterice.com/product/...E_TYPHOON_III_150_GPD_REVERSE_OSMOSIS_DI.html

I think which every GPH your making the right step.

Regards,
Lew90

the filterguys.biz the ocean reef II comes with the 2 Di's and has a 98%rejection.. also like said less wastes

I talked a lot with the Filter Guys when i got set up and they were great, I highly recommend dealing with them. I have a 55gal/29gal sump and a 75 gpd RO/DI and I have never had problems with having enough water. I just always forget to turn it off and cause small floods in our apartment.:)

Tim

I made the mistake of leaving my ro/di on overnight. And also a few other times. I got the water bill. It was over $150. ouch

I just ordered the Ocean Reef +2 from "The Filter Guys", along with my ATO and Reefkeeper 2. Excellent customer service. Great pricing. I would go with them also!

i have the ocean reef 2.... its great... just got my first ro replacement about a year i got outta it..... (more like a year and half)

I purchased a 100gph off ebay for less than 100, there are pretty good deals on there.
PICT9026.jpg

We ordered from the filter guys..I just recieved my 75 gpd system via UPS...they did great in terms of customer service and Promp shipping.....you will not go wrong ................we highly recomend...Shane

Back