RO/DI setup

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Astro's Reef

I have a basement apartment with drop ceilings. I was wondering if i could setup the ro unit under the tank or in the ceiling above the tank? This means i would have to use a long tube from the saddle valve to the ro (about 20 ft) The line would be horizontal the whole way because im gonna run it in the ceiling tiles. Would this work being so far from the saddle valve? Enough psi?
The main reason i want to do this is because i bought a spectrapure liquid level controller and it can only be 10ft from the ro/di filter.

worst case you would have to add a pump to increase pressure, my unit works well up to about 60 psi, less it slows down.

Scooter hit it right on the money. The more hose used the less pressure you get in the unit. I have about 20 feet before my unit and it dropped about 10psi "down to 50". Pump recommended.

if your water is very cold and you run very much thru the line at one time you might get condensation dripping off the line! if this happens just insulate the line and no more cond. water on ceiling tiles makes ugly stains!

Hey scooter? did you ever hear of the "RO Buddy", it is a chamber that mixes a 1/4" hot water line with a 1/4" cold water line to raise the supply water to about 70-74 degrees to increase product water. I was skeptical at first but it was only @$30 and boy did it increase my product water during the cold months. I have been using it for about 6 months now with no issues. Something to think about.:)

Back