ro/di system help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

usually u by a cartridge according to the size of the GPD rated
btw that link above is not working

The 10" canisters are normally standard. The smaller the Micron the better filtration because the tiny pours will prevent smaller particles to pass through. I typically start with a 1 micron floss type filter, the a .5 micron carbon block & the color changing DI cartridge.

The smaller the micron size the better they filter out the big stuff and protect the RO membrane itself. Better units like Spectrapure use a 0.5 or 0.2 micron prefilter followed by a 0.5 or 0.6 micron Matrikx+1 20,000 gallon Chlorine Guzzler carbon block.
I would look for no larger than a 1 micron prefilter and the 0.6 micron carbon block.
Your link does not work but I assume the third canister is your vertical DI if you have an RO/DI system? If that is the case you can save money by buying a refillable DI cartridge and purchasing bilk DI resin at a substantial savings.

Hopefully you have a TDS meter so you know when to change the DI??? If not get yourself a good handheld like the HM Digital TDS-3 or better yet the COM-100. Color changing DI resins are not very accurate when it comes to resin condition, usually you are way past replacement time and are passing TDS into the finished water before the color changes completely.

Good places to shop for everything you need are www.buckeyefieldsupply.com or www.spectrapure.com . Both have top notch service and quality products and make no false claims. And yes they are standard 10" filters.

The 10" canisters are normally standard. The smaller the Micron the better filtration because the tiny pours will prevent smaller particles to pass through. I typically start with a 1 micron floss type filter, the a .5 micron carbon block & the color changing DI cartridge.

Back