RO/DI System

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

idgy

Is one brand better than another? Is there one brand that has low cost and high quality?

The biggest difference is the actual media, like the membrane, DOW is one of the best. The housings etc you can find should be good enough otherwise. Look at our sponsors like air water ice or any of the others!

Personal I have used a corallife 3 stage w/ DI 50gal unit for years. I have a well with rusty water as long as I change my prefilters every 6 months (membrane last longer) my TDS is always at 0.

I use the Air, Water & Ice Typhoon 5 stage unit. I'm very pleased with the unit and the service.

I have a spectrapure with 3 canisters. Can I use replacment filters from another company, would I be better off stepping up to 4 canisters?

Thanks.

I use a 7 stage filter from The Filter Guys. 3 filters + a DI Filter and 2 membranes. Makes it a bit more efficient (as the waste water is ran through over the second membrane so you get a better ration of RO/DI water:Waste water.

You can always add on a DI cartridge to any system. Are you 2 filters + a DI cartridge, or 3 filters, no DI cartridge?
Anyway, it really depends on your needs (volume water, etc.) and the quality of the water going in.

Here are water is very clean, although there are spikes of contaminants maybe a few times a year. So, heavy filtration isn't really needed

the more stages you have, the better :) each stage is a filtration cycle.......

I have 2 carbon, and 1 sediment on my system, plus the RO membrane and the DI resin :D

highly recommend using DI resin, that adds that "extra polish" you want to get you down to 0 TDS

Back