RO filter

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

zreefman

This may be a dumb question, but I am new to using an RO filter, in the past I have always bought water from the LFS. Should this process be slow? The filter I bought is supposed to be rated at 140gpd but the RO water just drips out on the other side. Should it take serveral days to produce enough water to do a water change?

Thanks,

zreefman said:
This may be a dumb question, but I am new to using an RO filter, in the past I have always bought water from the LFS. Should this process be slow? The filter I bought is supposed to be rated at 140gpd but the RO water just drips out on the other side. Should it take serveral days to produce enough water to do a water change?

Thanks,

If its rated at 140 gpd then it should put out close to that if everything is optimum. You need good water pressure and your water temp should NOT be real cold. Alot of people find that they need to add a booster pump to get the pressure up.

Don

Thanks!

Thanks,
That is kind of what I figured, I know my house has poor water pressure so I will look into get a pump of somesort.

Back