RO recomendations

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Handegard

Two is better!
We're ready to get a RO soon, just not sure what to look for.

Right now, we're using Safeway water, but we just need to much to make that plausable much longer.

How big should I go, gpd wise? I would like to be doing a 15g water change a week, and I'll need another 5g+ for evap a week. So capacity isn't too big a deal.

Do I need a RO/DI? Are there any brands to avoid? Is the cost of maintaining some brands higher than others, or are membranes harder to come across, etc?

Go to "The Filter Guys" and tell them what you want and what you have and they will help you, they offer some of the best customer service on the net, there are cheaper units on Ebay and other places but you end up with cheap filters and membranes with them/. IMO

I second that, also ask them to look up your local water supply to see exactly what you need as far as filters, they can look up at your local water reports. I would recommend a 75GPD unit also, they are the most efficient water out to waste over the rest & cost the same to set up.
Your love it once you get it installed & will not look back as the ease of getting your water whenever you need.

I just got my 75 GPD ro/di from the filterguys (as recommended from users of this site) last week. It's up and running now and working great. TFG customer service was excellent as well.

I too was going to safeway to get 20 gallons at a time. I'm really happy I no longer have to do that.

Back