RO/Topup/Sump Question.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MINIATUS

I have a question for the experts on distance that a RO/DI can push water before it loses its ability to produce enough water to run a Kent valve topup working properly.
My sitution is this the new tank which is on the main floor is about 2 foot down to the basement and 20 feet to the RO/DI which is attached to the water line in the laundry room. Can it run water that far if the pressure is good.
If not I could run a new line from the main water feed line which is about 5 feet from the new tank. I would then run the drain hose acrooss to the sink.
The only disavantage is then I have to run a power line to the new area to run the pump and heater in the starage container filled with water.
Someone please help.

MINIATUS :confused:

Min - I ran my RO/DI line down to the basement from the laundry room and probably 50 or so feet across the basement to a tank I had for quarantine purposes. It ran the water just fine. My unit is the Kent Marine 60gpd RO/DI. What I don't know is whether or not the shut-off valve would work. I set a timer for mine and continuously checked on the level of water. I am interested in anyone's opinion on whether the shut-off would work properly. It would be appreciated :)

Back