Rock-Scaping

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

57reefer

My tank has been up for about 12 weeks and working great. I’m looking for photo ideas for rock-scaping my tank. It a 65gal, 36x18x24. Does any one have any good pictures of their 65 to give me ideas of what’s possible?:idea:

Here are some pictures of my 65G (same dimensions as you). I used PVC to create a tower in the center and a few of the other structures in the tank, I was really happy how it turned out. Nothing is leaning on the back glass and there is plenty of flow through all of the rocks. Let me know if you have any questions.

Start:
Tower1.jpg

Tower2.jpg

Basically finished:
Tower3.jpg

Current FT shot after about six months:
Full_Tank_DxO.jpg

How did you attach the rocks to the PVC? It looks like a piece of plastic holds up the PVC.

That piece of eggcrate actually has like five 1/2" PVC legs that make it sort of a table, I did that to creat a large cave in the center and keeps the rocks from the sand. I used zip-ties to attach the rocks to the PVC pipe. I just made a loop with the zip tie and found a hole int he rock...basically just like hanging a chrismast ornament. I'll see if I can find a picture of the structure before I put the rocks on so you can see what it looks like. I also made a PVC stand to keep the right side of the structure in place and make another cave.

Thanks for your help. Pictures help. Your tank looks great. Maybe one day soon mine will look as good. I will post pictures soon.

Hay Jake, are your LR tied together or just stacked. Nice setup. How long has it been running?

pvc frames work great. you also fill more area with less rock and you have less rocks on the sand bed so there are less dead spots

this is what the frame looks like. You can also make a closed loop out of the frame
12002.jpg

nfts.jpg

Back