Rockford Frag Fest

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Your in the wrong forums Rob Top! I thought you were an RDO man. LOL

Whats up man, hows the tank? I haven't been on RDO for a while. Work, tank and getting this club rolling have taken up a bunch of time. Are you coming to the swap? Only a couple days in the car, no problem.

LOL... No trips east. I am, however, going to try to get some Bay area corals back home from my christmas trip. :)

I never bought frags before how uch do they usually go for? Is there a price range? Like $15-$60 Just curious? And do you get a big frag or a little one? I've never been to anything like this before.

I never bought frags before how uch do they usually go for? Is there a price range? Like $15-$60 Just curious? And do you get a big frag or a little one? I've never been to anything like this before.

Yes is the best answer.
At swaps you can find basic frags of run of the mill stuff cheap. And limit frags for a lot more. I was at a frag swap where a guy had pink lemonaid monti's and a frag was $75, across the room was purple mushrooms the size of a silver dollar for $5 or 3 for $10. I work in Palatine and can promise it will be worth the trip. We will also have some vendors out. Steve from Sea Schor has a table as does Dave from Ocean's Floor and they both have great stuff.

I will put it on my calendar. Rockford is about 2 hours for me, but it sounds like it might be worth it.

I think it will be! At this point I have two shops getting tables, fraggers from as far away as St Louis and Madison coming. And a bunch of people pushing vendors for raffle items. I hope to get the site updated before the 1st with raffle items. I'll post here once it's updated

How do they transport them and what do them keep them in throughout the day? Just wondering as I have never been to a frag swap. I have some pieces I am looking to get rid of as well (shrooms, hydornophora, lobo brains). Do you think they are worth bringing with?

Some fraggers come with all the frags in bags and pics of the mother coral. Others bring buckets and taqnks and set up small tanks loaded with frags. I guess it depends on what works for you, and how many frags you are bringing.

HOLY CORAL FRAGMAN.
THIS EVENT IS TAKING OFF!!!
We have a few exciting additions to tell you about. Check out the site for more info. The highlights are
Guest speaker Jake Adams from Denver (bio and abstract at RR's site)
Dirk Griffin From Red Wing MN will be out as well.
We have sellers now from MN, WI, MI, IN, IL, and the list is growing. This event will be insainly HUGE!!! Space is starting to fill up so if you havn't already reserve your table soon!

This event will be INSAIN.
The raffle total is over $2000 in prizes. If you haven't check the site since, say yesterday, do so. We are updating it almost nightly with what we have to raffle off.

Most recently and yet to be added, we will have
16 pro packs from Liquid Life
Full registration to IMAC
3 Sweet packages from Two Little Fishes (phosban, hydro carb, phyto and zo plan, and aqua stic)
A 150w MH pendent

And more to come

Geesh, The number of raffle sponsors is almost hard to believe!!!
My finger got tired scrolling down the page looking at all of them.

And we are still adding!!!
Like tonight we just got word that we will have a 29 gal Oceanic Bio Cube, and there is still more to come!

Back