RODI is it good?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

broskie

My work received a new water unit today and was going to throw this unit away. So I scooped it up for free and was wondering if its any good. Ive looked all over the unit but all I see is made in the USA so I don't know who makes it.

Another thing is I don't know how all the lines are suppose to run since it was all taken apart when I grabbed it. So I took it home cleaned it up and looked at all the filters that look really clean. I just don't know what the thing is that has 4 lines running from it or the top 2 horizontal tubes are.

Well any info would be appreciated. Thanks RF

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

Looks like it should be a fine Reverse Osmosis unit. Not sure how long it has been disconnected but RO membranes don't do well stored for longer periods of time and left to dry out.

The larger top horizontal filter is the RO membrane, the smaller horizontal filter is a carbon filter. The small carbon filter is mostly used for drinking water systems to remove any remaining "taste and odor". The final carbon filter is not really needed for aquarium systems and can be replaced with a DI resin filter.

TheFilterGuys.biz or AirWaterIce.com are good places to find information and order replacement filters.

Back