RODI Question-I am confused!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

N1Husker

RF Staff
Okay, so I am running my 5 stage RODI filter for some water in my top off tank. In checking the TDS parameters it has confused me. I checked the water coming out of the DI cartridge and it says zero, on the inline TDS gauge and the handheld TDS meter. I checked the water coming out of my faucet and it says 80 ppm, which has been consistent since I have lived here. Now this is where I am confused, I checked the water coming from the RO before it enters the DI on the inline meter and it says 001 ppm. When I checked the waste water, which I think is the water that comes out of the RO unit, at least that is what it looks like on the unit, the water that is coming out as waste water is reading 116 ppm on my handheld meter. Why would that read so much higher from the waste water line than from the faucet? Is the waste water line just an accumulation of all the Total Dissolved Solids and dispensing them down the drain?

The waste water has the TDS from both its self and the RO water in it, so it should be higher then the tap. Its a good sign that your unit is flushing its self correctly :)

Is the waste water line just an accumulation of all the Total Dissolved Solids and dispensing them down the drain?

Exactly! :)

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Thanks, after I thought about it, I kind of figured out that's how it works. I'm am no longer confused. Well, at least not about that.

Thanks, after I thought about it, I kind of figured out that's how it works. I'm am no longer confused. Well, at least not about that.

Imagine my surprise seeing all that water going down the drain..being someone who yells if the lights are left on-lol and talk about taking it slow? Cant get any slower then new ro/di-4-5hrs just to fill a 5g bucket!? Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Back