Rodi

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Meche

Kole Trickle
Ok, need some quick help on this one. I decided today, while in the check out line, that I was buying my last gallons of distilled water. I need a RODI unit pronto. Thing is I have other equiptment I still need to get and I don't really have the cash for a fancy dancy one.

I've done some prelimanary research and I figure I have two options. Either get a higher quality 3/4 stage unit, or a el chepo 6 stage unit. My price point is about $100-150. If the cheap ones last almost a year that would be good enough for now. But if they just don't work then it wouldn't be worth it.

Does anyone have any experience with units in this price range? GPD really doesn't matter at all to me.

Thanks for your help guys.

Last edited:
Thanks Nikki.

Would you rather have a 2nd DI canister for your 6th stage or another carbon filter?

Well, I suppose that depends on your water quality. I would like both :D. I currently have 2 DI canisters after my RO, but my water is horrible (see the poll on the home page lolol). I should probably look into adding an additional carbon to my unit, to help remove the chloramines.

Maybe this article will help you figure out what you need: Reverse Osmosis/Deionization Systems to Purify Tap Water for Reef Aquaria by Randy Holmes-Farley

I'm thinking on getting one of these units too. My local store charges $0.99 per gallon. I figure in 3 months I would have spent the cost of the unit.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I ended up getting a similar one to the second one ron listed. It is a 6 stage with a 2nd DI canister as the 6th stage.

we know where you live ron. If these things don't work out...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

goodluck on those units guys. had a neighbor who literally threw his away on his driveway and ran it over with his truck.

I agree. Ive used this one for two years now no problems what so ever.
wc.jpg

goodluck on those units guys. had a neighbor who literally threw his away on his driveway and ran it over with his truck.

What kind problems did he have? Considering most of these units a made for parts all from the same manufacture. Chances are what he replaced it with was made with the same parts the first one was. Sounds more like a user problem them equipment. :)

Back