Sad day at my reef...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Reefbound

For some unfortunate reason My Ocillaris clown fish that I have had for three and a half years jumped out of his home and was found by my daughter this morning on the carpet.
I have checked all the parameters and temp but found nothing amiss, The only thing I could think that may have happened is he was chased or bullied out... Wow,my daughter upset... I had a Rose anemone disappear last week which was my Clarkii clowns home and the Ocillaris was in the Green bubble tip until the Rose went missing and the Clarkii moved in the the GBA.
I still cant find where the Rose went to... Hopefully it turns up soon.

Last edited:
Yeah that sucks man!!! I use to have a onyx clown. After a week in the tank it dissapeared. I always wondered what happened to it until like 7 or 8 months ago I found the body all dried up behind my tank.

Sounds like maybe your Clarkii chased the Occellaris and was the bully. Can you elaborate on your RBTA "disappearing?" Did it move and is hiding? If so, how long ago? Could be that it's still alive and either not happy with it's location or preparing to split. Although splitting process is usually pretty short. Sorry to hear about your loss!! That really sucks!!

Sounds like maybe your Clarkii chased the Occellaris and was the bully. Can you elaborate on your RBTA "disappearing?" Did it move and is hiding? If so, how long ago? Could be that it's still alive and either not happy with it's location or preparing to split. Although splitting process is usually pretty short. Sorry to hear about your loss!! That really sucks!!

All I can tell you about the Rose is it decided to move and was moving for a couple of days, nothing too major,maybe five or 10 inches in eighter direction then it moved to the back of the tank and disappeared and has not been seen since. I have looked everywhere for it with no luck.

This is why I stopped getting eels. no matter what, they always find a way out. That sucks dude!

Back