Saturday Storm

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jlehigh

Hermit D Crab
Hey Folks,

Looks like we might get some strong wind this Saturday so prep your tanks, charge you batteries and be on standby to act quick ;)

While I am at work during storms I call home every other hr to see if my v-mail machine picks up :) It it does I know I have power. How's that for high tech ;)

I was thinking about that this morning, wondering how I would hook up my generator if need be.

You mentioned "charge your batteries" I assume your refering to a universal power supply (UPS)

What type/model UPS do you use? Do you just run the heater and minimal pumps or is it capable of running the entire tank?

you just need to move closer to the power station so you're on the top of the list for getting power back.

Actually I dont run a UPS but some do. UPS's simply dont have a long life with the amount of wattage required to run a tanks minimum req's (Heat/flow). Some people also have battery powered air pumps to airate the water. I personally use a power inverter hooked up to my truck battery.

Nice Reed, nice.. You mind if I run 6 miles of line and plug it into yuor kitchen? lol

Tnx Krish.. we get some pretty cool wind storms this time of year.

I was one of the 3000 that lost power when lightning stuck in Medina on Wednesday evening. I used a Coleman 400W power intertor and a car battery to keep the return pump running for about an hour before the power came back on. Hopefully I don't have to go through that again.

ohh man more rain :( .
this is horrible :mad: , hmmm well i don't have anything to back up my tank guys :shock: which i'm starting to worry about :cry: what do you guys recommend for a 37 gal tank?

Back