Say it isn't so!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Zerc

I have a feeling I know what this is, I just hope I am wrong.

img_3813.jpg

It is the only one I have found... I found it when I lifted up a bunch of rocks to put in my new refugium.

Will drying it out kill it? I found the source...

2 months ago I got a nice piece of tonga branch off of CL. it was totally purple and clean. I just turned it over to the white side and it is covered.... sigh. I guess I can empty the fish out of the tank and just starve it to death?

????? why take the fish out????

Can you get the rock out? If you can get the rock out, there is a number of things you can do.
You cant starve those things in the tank. They multiply when they touch saltwater.

Checking its mouth, if it is red/pink mouth then it is strawberry anemone, lives in the shaded area. I used to have those before, totally harmless, it is just a normal anemone. The green mojano is the one you should worry about, spreading 100x...

I am going to move the first rock closer to the glass and get a bigger pic, my clown is going to bite me...

By taking the fish out, I meant move them to my 75 early, maybe in a week. My ammonia readings already dropped to 0! (not brave enough to test nitrites yet)

Nope, scared to touch them. I heard when they get touched they let loose hundreds of spores or w/e it is they lay.

Here is one: Melevsreef.com - Cup Coral
If you google clear cup coral you can find a few more in the image search.
edit: and so is the link above

Aptasia have tentacles that are tapered to a point.
Cup coral have tentacles that are slightly tapered, but have a white ball on the end. They also produce hard skeleton, though sometimes the polyps will bail out and move.

Back