Saying good bye pics

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NaTe R

Today i m losing some old friends. 1st was my Clown fish i have had for 4 1/2 years. He took a head first nose dive in to the "receiving" end of a Maxi jet 1200. He has at least 6 confirmed kills to new fish i had tried over the years so i guess he is a combat vetran of some kind.

2nd I ve had this Idaho Grape Monti for 4 years now and today i finally pulled it. It was almost to the point were i couldn't get it out of the tank and real estate has been getting limited.

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

goodbye:cry:

thanks nata, I should add i guess i got it the size of a .50 piece from a guy in Bosie ID that got it from the original mother that the people of Garf "Created"

Nate,

Where is the Monti going good-bye too??

Heaven i guess? i cant think of any sins it may be guilty of. lol

unlike those of the Clown of witch i am certain it went strait to Hell... as soon as it splashed in to the septic tank.

Pretty impressive all the same. If it needs a home I'll make it the center piece of my reef.

Sorry about your clownfish man. Nice coral too.

From the sounds of it, I think he means he killed it by pulling it out. Seems like an aweful shame if that's the case, coulda been sold for lots of money, or given away as a good gesture if you didn't want it. Did you plan on keeping the dead skeleton for a trophy or just as something ornamental? Because that would almost explain the reasoning for not passing it on.

yep guys i just took it out. (i killed it)

I kept one good sized piece that broke off while moving it about 6 months ago and found some small pieces while cleaning all the crap it was trapping under it today.

the Major problem is i live along ways away from any and all of you and it takes 8 water filled bags and 20+ Gallons of water to transport this thing, or at least it did when i moved it in February.

Herefishyfishy Very nice, but looks like red Monti cap in lieu of Idaho grape, which has a different and slower growth pattern

It was purple but i had it sitting on the bottom way out of the way of bright lights since i moved it so it was light pinkish on one side and a little better on the other but it was being neglected non the less.

And i did set it outside to dry out, it was my first SPS coral so i think i will bleach it and keep the skeleton.

Brett i do regret asking you guys (and Gals) if anybody was interested but thats not the first thing that comes to mind around here. I dont have a LFS to take it too or anybody with a tank big enough to consider it.

I will share pictures of it when i get it all bleached out and pretty!

Sorry about your Clown fish. Should have posted on here "SPS coral for free". I bet you people will be calling or pm you. Well, too late now. Please post the skeleton though.

That skeleton will make a sweet piece. I know in our hobby most people think about what is alive in our tanks, but for everyone else a huge bleached piece like is just as valuable.

That skeleton will make a sweet piece. I know in our hobby most people think about what is alive in our tanks, but for everyone else a huge bleached piece like is just as valuable.

funny you say that because i was just over at a customers house telling her about my reef keeping hobby and collecting corals and she said "Oh you have to see this" of course i am thinking she may have a tank somewere but instead she showed me some sort of bleached acropora about 10" tall and 8" round that she had purchased in hawaii. I didnt ask her how much on the acount i was a little let down by her showing me dead stuff but i will be working there next week so i will ask her what she paid for it.

arowana206 Sorry about your Clown fish. Should have posted on here "SPS coral for free". I bet you people will be calling or pm you. Well, too late now. Please post the skeleton though.

Thanks and i will next time, i am sure there will be a next time:)

Back