Screen names

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

snobanker

I always wonder why people use the screen names that they do. Some seem obvious, but maybe they aren't. Others I have no clue about. Anyone wanna fill the rest of us in on why they use the name they do? I mean what excatly is a "bradreef" or a "reedman" ....jk guys ;) . But if anyone wants to play, I'll start.

Snobanker- I used to own a 48 Chevy truck. Many years ago while carefully and legally driving down White Pass at night in the winter with my uncle. We thought it would be fun to try and see what it would be like to turn the lights off and see what snow driving at night was like. :rolleyes: Well after the truck spun around several times on the ice and bounced back then slid sideways for a couple hundred feet with the front and rear bumbers bouncing back and forth off of the 10 foot high "snow banks" we came to rest in a nice soft "snow bank". Seconds later a gigantic snow plow went by and practically buried us with snow... So a new name was born for the truck and later after we stopped with the nervous laughter and I got a change of clothes we painted the word "snowbanker" on the hood. I just got rid of that thing last year too. When the internet started up and you needed a screen name I chose "snowbanker". Unfortunatly some loser already had it so I took out the "w". :D I had a 1970 Maverick I called "ditch witch" but thats another story.

Next???

reedman...well, a nickname I was saddled with in my younger years based on my name (Reed) and not much creativity :p.

well i have a reef and i am always experimenting (diy) with projects. One day my gf came home when i had my test kits out all over the counter and doing tests. She said i looked like some kind of mad scientist. so we laughed like a couple of drunk teenagers and the name mad reefer came about.

oldsaint said:
oldsaint...alot of pain and misery cheering for the New Orleans Saints. Hey one of these years we'll win the superbowl. I just hope I'm alive when thaqt happens. :lol:

I guess I have to be ashamed of myself, being a Saints fan from Louisiana and all, but that still doesn't explain my screen name :D

When I was little I had a friend named Sara. Her dad used to tease her and call her Sarola so in turn she started calling me Beckmola. 24 was my jersey number for volleyball and is my lucky number :) I've had that screen name for about 10 years now.

Hmm this is an interesting thread ;)

Elmo18 --

Elmo was/is my nickname from my friends in HS...and those that know me.. I also happened to register for AOL Instant Messenger when I was 18, so I used 'Elmo18' as my screen name, and then it is 'Elmo18' for all the reef forums.

- Elmo

Well lets see, I am big and my name starts w/ a T so years ago friends started calling me big t, just kinda went w/ it lol.

Great Thread

Becky - 24 was my softball jersey number, and has always been my favorite number. Everyone in the summer leagues and during the school season knew if there was a 24, that shirt was mine! Sheesh, I sound like a dork :).

OK - my name evolved because when I first joined a board a couple of years ago, NaClH2O was already taken. My initials are NA, so I thought....well, I'll just do NaH2O. Not very exciting, but if I changed it now, I might have conversations with myself. On a side note, Na and H2O together are explosive, too :lol:

By the way....I don't have any links to reference on the screen names topic :D.

Oh....I take that back. This one was linked to me in the mugshots thread (another good one if you are interested in seeing some people's faces)

Sodium and Water

Back