Scuba diving

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

CJG

I'm sure considering the contents of this sight that there must be some divers apart of this forum. I've got my open water certification and am now considering buying my own gear, I was just curious to know where some good stores are that have good equipment at reasonable prices. I've heard that scuba gear is one of those things where you get what you pay for. Any information would be appreciated. Also, I don't have any friends that dive, therefore I'll need to find some partners in the near future. Thanks

I'm sure considering the contents of this sight that there must be some divers apart of this forum. I've got my open water certification and am now considering buying my own gear, I was just curious to know where some good stores are that have good equipment at reasonable prices. I've heard that scuba gear is one of those things where you get what you pay for. Any information would be appreciated. Also, I don't have any friends that dive, therefore I'll need to find some partners in the near future. Thanks
With gear, you often get less than you pay for. Many change their mind and sell complete sets of gear within a year or even a month of buying. The resale value is vastly lower than new. I buy masks and fins new through ebay, major gear I buy used face to face from sombody I feel can be trusted. I dive mostly tropical though still have all my cold water gear. Want to buy it? :>)

What do you have? Like I said I don't know the whole going rate for most of these items. When you travel do you take your gear with you?

When travel take mask, fins, snorkle, and a few other items and rent the gear as part of a boat package.

Have wet suits, dry suit, weight belts, BC, regulator, etc etc etc.
Whole setup for two (Wife)

Does anybody know of a good place to go in the S. Sound to get an open water certification? My wife and I are looking at obtaining this and possibly more if we end up enjoying diving. Thank you in advance for any advice/suggestions.

Back