SE Radium Bulb

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

szidls

Gaitor Wrestler
I saw from an online vendor that SE 250watt 20K Radium mh bulbs were hqi. Is this correct? If they are hqi do you also need an extra glass shield under them?Also what ballast will they fire on? I suppose most electronic ballasts such as ARO, Ice Cap(new style)....etc.
TIA,
Scott

Scott HQI is the ballast type and really doesnt have anything to do with the bulbs. With an HQI ballast you basially overdrive the bulbs 30 watts (for most hqi ballasts). I run a bunch of 250 watt se 20k bulbs on my tank but they will run on a normal ballast also.
If you are concidering the 250watt radiums I would suggest only running them on HQI ballasts, IMHO they are not strong enough on Normal ballast or electronic.

Mike

Thanks Mike,
What kind of bulb life do you get by overdriving the bulb?
Scott

250watt radiums

Hey Scott & Mike I am going to tag on this thread instead of starting a new one :)

I have the same set up it sounds as you Scott I am getting Ready to change Both of my 250 Watt Radiums I am concerned about damaging my top layers of Clams,Coral and R.T.B.A. Can any one give me a good game plan on how to screen or set a specfic amount of time to run the new bulbs in on :confused: Thanks...Jeff

Back