sea cucumbers?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sstainba

So my fav fishy store has some pink knobby cucumbers... I was thinking of getting one or two for my 125 to help clean the substrate. I have a question though... I have crushed coral - not sand. Will they be ok with that or will it be too big for them to munch on ?

I forget the name of the "pinK" cukes .. but as I recall they are more fragile than the standard "turd" looking cukes that most use as part of the clean up crew. Both are moppers and should do OK but I went with "hardy" since they generally only come at night when your sleeping.

Hope this helps.

For crushed coral substrate cleaning I recommend vacuuming the substrate at every water change. ;)

I have a little "pink" cuke, has a yellow crown when open and is about 2 inches long or so. It does not hang out on the bottom, rather it likes to climb as high as possible and just hang out in one spot. For the longest time, it was on my front glass. So long in fact that coralline grew all around him. I changed up the flow a bit which caused him to move, but he still ended up at the top of the tank.

He just extends his crown and filter feeds from the water.

hth,
rob

Back