Sea Swirl Wavemaker

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mmkeeper

What is you opinon of the Sea Swirl?
I have a 46G bowed.
Would you use it your return water from your sump?

I do. I love my seaswirl. My LFS has 6 of them the three surge tanks. Two each. Seaswirls rock. Just be gentle with it.

Steve said it best!

I have a total of 3 ea. 3/4" in two of my tanks. I still need 2 more you have any for sale? Nothing more cool than seeing a Powder Blue swim into the wave blast to get some nori:) all 3 are plumbed from my sump...Jeff

wrightme43 said:
I do. I love my seaswirl. My LFS has 6 of them the three surge tanks. Two each. Seaswirls rock. Just be gentle with it.

I also like mine alot. I have one on each side of my 90. I have the outlets of each one Y'ed off with lockline. Great random curent for the size...

I love mine...also on the return. As pointed out, you need to be gentle with them.

Hummm.... i've not thought about a sea swirl on my return.... hummm... great idea. I'm just not sure how to hook it up. Anyone have pictures?

I'll try and get a shot of mine posted for ya.

I have a PVC return pipe with a flex end and I'm not sure how I would modify that to incorporate the sea swirl.

Thanks

I have a PVC return pipe with a flex end and I'm not sure how I would modify that to incorporate the sea swirl.

The barbed fitting is threaded and you don't have to use it. You could get a male threaded adapter and run your pvc into it...

BTW, Nice setup Nikki!;)

Back