SeaMax 2011 is in the books!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

FIRST, Thank you Kevin and the MAX organization, for helping to make SeaMax 2011 happen!! I believe it was a huge success!!

Next, Joanne, Aaron, Chelsie, Luke, Ben...thank you for being there, with Angie and me! We had a WONDERFUL TIME!! If I missed anyone, I sincerely apologize, and blame it on my sleep deprived mental state!

Next, to all of our great club members, who helped in their own way, by donating corals, THANK YOU!!

To Henk, at CoralProps, I'm so glad you attended and made it all that much more fun, for our club!

Okay, my thoughts, now that I've had a short amount of time to gather what's remaining of them...

SeaMax was a great learning experience! While not as successful at selling corals, at our club booth, as we'd have liked to have been, we learned how to DO IT BETTER next time! I think we learned that we need to rethink our coral transportation techniques. In an attempt to save time and labor, our corals were not bagged individually, for transport, to SeaMax, but were in a cooler, on frag racks, with saltwater. The problems we faced tought me that, in the future, we'll be more successful, spending the time to package and transport differently. Our next opportunity, to do an event such as this, will be much better, because of everything we've learned from this one!

SeaMax was an AMAZING Networking opportunity!! I think that was the most valuable aspect, of our attendance, at SeaMax! In the near future, watch for some exciting new sponsors! Keep your eyes out for some great future raffle items! Joanne, Angie and I were able to talk to A LOT of vendors, retail and wholesale. We made a ton of great contacts, who WANT TO SPONSOR our amazing club!!!

We got the pleasure of being next to another wonderful club, Mid-Columbia Saltwater Aquarium Club, from the Tri-Cities area! We had a great time with their members!

I think that, by our club attending SeaMax, we've greatly improved the future, for our club and it's great members! Thank you again, SeaMax, for that opportunity and THANK YOU, SpCda club members, for the great club that we have. We wouldn't have a club, without the great membership that we have, in our community!

Yup! Whats kinda great about not selling too many frags is now we have a pile for our frag swap next month :) Along with all the raffle prizes and donations we got from all the awesome vendors at SEAMAX, I think everyone at our meeting next month is going to have a chance to bring home a prize!!

Just to name some of the things we won/was donated to the club:
- 2 Hydor Koralia pumps
- Piles of treasures from Blue Life - Garlic RX, Carbon, Filter Socks -YAY!
- Piles of new additives from Dr. Tims Aquatics (our next NEW official club Sponsor!!)
- Dozens of samples of spirulina from ZooMed!

And more, that I've prolly forgotten already :) Watch our club forum for details!!

Last edited:
Very well stated, Sid! I couldn't agree more with the success of Seamax. While I am an individual, not a wholesaler, I was able to chat with a lot of vendors and get some great information to take with me for the future - and to take to my LFS to get them to sell some of the products :p Gotta love the networking available because of Seamax!!

THANK YOU SEAMAX! I hope to see it again in 2012!!

Back