Seattle/Eastside Fish Stores

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kcbrad

Hi All,

I'm new to saltwater aquariums and have only found two local stores that sell saltwater fish; Saltwater City and Denny's. I am wondering your thoughts on their fish and also any recommendations of local saltwater fish stores that you really like and have had good success with?

Thanks!!

The best is Barrier Reef Aquariums in Renton. There is also A Red Sea Aquarium North of Seattle and Blue Sierra in Issaquah. If you are desperate The Fish Store in Seattle.

Check out Barrier Reef in Nort Renton (or South Bellevue)and A Red Sea Aquarium in Shoreline. Both of them are sponsors here at RF.

I have not purchased many fish lately, so others will need to chime in on their recommendations

g

I like Barrier and I've beed to Denny's. I bought my clowns from Denny's. Barrier is closer to me so I usually go there and I like the customer service. Chris at Barrier ordered me some sand and it was there in 2 days and for a good price.
The Fish Store can be usefull if you are on their mailling list and use their coupons and really have no other options. The help there can be a bit dodgy and I honestly have avoided the place since a guy named Mark quit working there a couple years ago.

I've purchased happy and healthy fishies from Barrier, Saltwater City, and Red Sea. Never had a problem.

Barrier Reef Aquariums hands down has the most diverse fish selection in the area. I wouldn't buy from anyone else. Knowledgeable staff, healthy fish, and good prices....

We stock 200 different saltwater fish species at ARSA .

Seattle's best saltwater selection please stop on bye.

........................................................................................................

I vote A Red Sea the owner Rob is always there to give great advice and everything I have purchased from him has done very well.

Brian

i second red sea their livestock always amazing and fish there always seem to in very very good health

agreed with previous posts, have good quality purchases from Barrier Reef, A Red Sea.

If you dont mind travelling alittle north to Lake Stevens, Will at Reef Mystique has a good selection of corals. Got a great alevepora and Metallic Green Welleslophyia from there.

I like Barrier and I've beed to Denny's. I bought my clowns from Denny's. Barrier is closer to me so I usually go there and I like the customer service. Chris at Barrier ordered me some sand and it was there in 2 days and for a good price.
The Fish Store can be usefull if you are on their mailling list and use their coupons and really have no other options. The help there can be a bit dodgy and I honestly have avoided the place since a guy named Mark quit working there a couple years ago.
I went there becuz of mark too and there was a guy by floyd who basically ran there saltwater a few yrs ago since he's gone i would only recommend fresh there!

One more is :

Blue Sierra Exotic Fish & Supply
90 Front Street South
Issaquah, WA 98027

:)

Paul

Just wanted to let y'all know that I went to Barrier Reef today and got two new fish. Thanks for the recommendation! The place was great and the man working was outstanding! I'll try A Red Sea soon, too!

Thank you!!

I really like Blue Sierra, they always have everything you need, a really huge selection of equipment and also tons of fish and corals. The best part, if you have freshwater, they've got that too. :)

Back