Sedra 3500 for EuroReef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Katchupoy

Hi I need help. Dont know if this is the right place to post.... but need help...

My sedra 3500 just stopped working and I need one for temporary use.... while i order the parts...

Do you guys have a spare one or something?
Or just even just the magnet.

thanks...

Cesar

Hey Cesar,

I have a sedra 5000 that isn't in use right now that you can use until your 3500 comes in. What size skimmer is it for? It should be just fine unless it's a 5-2. I dont know if i can drive down your way as I have to be around to let ppl come pic up some frags today, but if you want you are welcome to come pick it up at my place in Greenlake (right off of I-5) then just bring it to a metting when you get yours in. It is brand new and for CS6-2+ that isn't up yet, but i did test it for two days so I know it works just fine.

PM me and I'll send you my phone number.

-Erik

I'm the Erik you met at Pauls during the tank tour, incase you can't put a face to the name.

Macbeth,

Thank you for the offer. I realized that the magnet has gone bad. Somehow, it became bigger than the normal size. Maybe because of the wear and tear. Who knows, I bought this used. Anyway, at first I dont know whats the problem. Is it the motor? Is it the magner?

How to know if it is the magnet. Well, try to pull it out of the pump. Then while outside the pump, try to put on the side of the pump. Because of the magnet reaction, it will create a vibration or something.... This is so obvious that if it doesnt work then the motor is the problem. But in my case it is the magnet because the motor is good.

For temp fix, i tried to sand it using a course sand paper just to make a clearance between the motor and magnet.

And it worked!!! But I still ordered the new magnet for 20 bucks.

Received it several days after.

What a difference... Before... Im trying to extend the tube to its maximum just to make a descent collection. I even begginning to doubt this euroreef magic.

But now with the new magnet.... wow.... The tube is in the shortest possible setting and I still have a very wet skim..... which i dont mind...

I like it and love it....

Thanks Macbeth for the offer....

don't ever doubt Euro-reef :) i finally bought one a few months ago. crazy skimmer...the stuff it pulls out will knock you on your butt. i just soaked my pump in vinegar today to clean off all the calcium. within 5 minutes of putting it back in my sump it's skimming like crazy again. my old skimmer would take several hours before it would start skimming again. euro-reef is within minutes....even after feeding.

Back